End of Life Care
This course is held via zoom seminars (approx 2hrs in length) over 13 weeks and leads to , on successful completion of your portfolio , the Diploma in Doula End of LIfe Care.
To meet the accredited course outcomes this will involve a series of virtual class sessions over a 13 week period plus your own self-directed enquiry. It also comprises the 10 Careshield certificates to support your learning and business which can be accessed prior to the zoom commencing if you wish to.
Course Cost is £775.00 | A non-refundable deposit of £150.00 is required to secure your place and payments can be made over 3 further instalments. Please contact us directly for further detailed information – 07904 461 982
Dates for 2023
Two courses planned, though additional maybe provided dependent on numbers.
Commences: 1st week February 2023 and 3rd week September 2023.
Actual date and time agreed with students
To join the next Virtual Training Course simply call us on the number below.
Course cost: £775.00 | a non-refundable deposit of £150.00 is required to secure your place and payments can be made over 3 further instalments. Please contact us directly for further detailed information and book your virtual attendance.
To support participants in developing the knowledge and understanding needed to be able to provide support for individuals, and others, in end of life situations.
- Those caring for the family members
- Funeral directors and celebrants
- Carers in care homes
- Professionals requiring a refresher relating to loss and bereavement
- Participant who wish to work as End of Life Doulas (in paid/unpaid roles)
- Know different perspectives on death and dying
- Understand how individuals are affected
- Understand the dying and grieving trajectory
- Outline factors that an affect our views on death and dying and the bereavement experience
Course Subjects inc:
- Loss, grief and bereavement
- What is spirituality
- Exploring who You are (Thrive 365)
- Communication skills 1
- The palliative trajectory
- Stages of dying
- Advanced care plans
- Boundaries and Limitations
- Exploring Advocacy, Dignity and Respect, Right to refuse as case studies
- Cultural and religious practices
- End of life care plan
- Social health systems – who to work with
- Basic meditation (mindfulness runs through all 4 modules)
- What is a Doula ?
Bite Size Virtual Classes
These will be available for specific topics and discussion at £25.00 session, dependent on numbers (but this does not constitute a Doula qualification). Please contact us for further information.